Girls High School Harare was the first public school for girls founded in 1898 in the then city of Salisbury, Rhodesia, which is now Harare, Zimbabwe. The school can take in up to over 1000 girls across all forms and is thus the largest girl's high school in Zimbabwe. The school also has two boarding houses for girls called Beit House and Forsyth House. The school celebrated its centenary in 1998 with pomp and fair. In the year 1998, the all uniforms were brought back and pupils were given a chance to purchase the many uniforms that the school had in previous years. Girls High School is the sister school to the boys school Prince Edward High School. The school motto is "Per Ardua Ad Astra" which means "Through hard work, we will reach the stars".
To provide a conducive environment to produce confident, disciplined, independent, responsible and successful boys and girls with the ability to shape the future.
We aim to develop well-rounded and thoughtful students prepared to cope with a changing post-modern and globalized world.